Today’s advanced imaging technology makes it possible to see inside the human body more clearly than ever before. Our sophisticated equipment enables doctors to diagnose and treat disease faster and with greater accuracy. Along with the confidence that comes from knowing that your medical team is equipped with the diagnostic tools to provide better care for you, our investment in technology means you’ll benefit from quicker, more comfortable procedures.
High Quality, Low Dose Radiation NOW AVAILABLE!
Memorial Hospital of Tampa is one of the ONLY hospitals in the area to offer the latest technology in Diagnostic Imaging. The iDose4 upgrade allows for the same quality image for diagnostics, but at a much lower exposure to radiation.
We have incorporated intelligent dose management into every aspect of CT studies. Our Dianostic Imaging technologies automatically calculate the best technique for each exam to deliver the lowest CT dose at the optimum image quality.
- Reduced CT scan radiation exposure by at least 30%
- Same high quality image
Patient Centered Care
Our Imaging Department is designed to maximize your comfort. Our friendly staff is dedicated to making your experience here as pleasant as possible. For the convenience of our patients and their referring physicians, we provide:
- Easy and flexible scheduling, including walk-in appointments
- Convenient nearby parking
- Comfortable waiting areas with refreshments
- Test results available quickly
Advanced Imaging Capabilities
Our Imaging Department includes some of the most advanced medical equipment in use today, including:
- CT Scanner
- Nuclear Medicine Cameras
- General X-ray
- Radiographic/Fluoroscopic Unit
- Digital Mammography with CAD
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) including Breast MRI Imaging With Breast MRI Biopsy Capability
Faster, Better Communication
Because we use a fully digital imaging system, your doctor has immediate access to the results of your diagnostic procedure and can view them on a computer screen, using secure Internet access, from home, the office or the hospital. Our electronic archiving also makes your entire hospital record available to authorized staff at the click of a computer button. If you come back to the hospital with an emergency, your information is instantly available to your doctors and nurses for faster care.
To schedule an appointment in our Imaging Department,
please call 813-342-1440.
Preparing for Your Imaging Procedure
If you have a scheduled appointment, please discuss the procedure and any special instructions with your doctor before you arrive. If a test is ordered while you are a patient at the hospital, your physician, nurse or technician can explain the procedure and answer any questions you have. These general guidelines will help you prepare for and stay comfortable during your procedure:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes. You may be asked to change into a hospital gown.
- Don’t wear items containing metal. In some cases, you will be asked to remove jewelry, watches, hairpins, eyeglasses or dentures. These items will be placed in a secure area and returned to you upon completion of the test.
- Some tests require you to go without eating or drinking for a specified period before your procedure. Be sure to ask your doctor about this at least 24 hours before you’re appointment.
- Tell your technologist if there is a chance you may be pregnant or if you are breastfeeding.
- Tell your technologist if you are allergic to shellfish or iodine, x-ray die or contrast.
- Some procedures require you to remain still for a period of time. Your technologist will explain what you need to do for a successful procedure.